I'm such a slack-arse

It takes me ages to get in the mindset for a goal like the weight loss goal I have now. I'm super reluctant to start looking at what I eat and drink as this area of my life is one of the most pleasurable. Especially at the moment with my sex object 9 hours drive away.

We won't even start on how much I miss having him at a touchable distance. And - here we go - I have a 23kg weight loss goal - so motivation to begin, when it seems so much, is hard to muster. However, I've only been this heavy once before in my Life and that time I lost a similar amount. I don't remember it as being that hard nor that long, And finally I'm ready to begin again.

The pact that I made with my sister to pay each other $5 for every week that we haven't lost any weight has nothing to do with it.

So what have I been doing all this time? Well, I got down to 72kg, but that was mainly due to the constant vomiting brought on by the Eades diet. So I wasn't surprised when I bounced back up to 74.7kg. However, that weight was stable for ages. So I conclude that the Low Carb approach did remove some fat from my liver. I've gained slowly since, which is disappointing, because I am 1) doing more exercise than before, 2) not eating cakes, chocolate, deep fried food, biscuits, ice cream. So where is it coming from? It can only be carbs, wine and cheese.

Alcohol is metabolised as a fat when you are in Ketosis, so after a bit of deliberation, I've decide to try the Low Carb approach again, but this time following The X-Factor Diet by Leslie Kenton. She's a raw food guru so hopefully has a wider menu than what the Eades put forward!

The good news is, that while I haven't lost weight by going to the gym, I had a re-assessment and my fitness indicators had all improved. And my shonky knee, that was collapsing on me all over the place, is silent now. I really love lifting weights at the gym. It clicks my shoulders back into place and after a resistance session, I can feel the strength in my muscles for the rest of the day. But I need to aim to get to the gym more often. I only manage 2 a week usually and it's not enough to make a difference.

So from this Monday it's going to be a minimum of 3 times, but aiming for 6 times. Now that would make a difference.

I was so pessimistic about the reassessment, since I'd been so slack at turning up to the gym, that the results were a pleasant surprise:

 BeforeAfterWhat This Means
Resting Pulse  
9782My heart is under less pressure
Blood Pressure
132/93126/83Optimal is 120/80
Percentage Body Fat
26.63%26.2%Ideal is 21-23%
Blood Oxygen Levels When Exercising
26.1336.330-38 is normal for non-athletic women, my age
Pretty good huh? ;)

Comments

Rab said…
Hi
Hope you are well

I came across your blog in a skin health forum.

I felt sad reading everything you have had to go through to try get your health back on track

Did you come right? How are you doing now?

Popular Posts