Day 7: shaking up my fellow hotel guests

Day: 7 of 42
Last recorded weight: 78.4kg

How I'm feeling today: back to normal, missing a glass nice cold gin on this hot autumn day

It's been good to get out of town today. We did a road trip from Auckland over to Tauranga and the weather has been absolutely beautiful. I'm impressed with Tauranga, it's large enough to not be sleepy, yet surrounded by the sea and beaches and a beachy vibe. Possible bogan problem however.


My suitcase is a large cardboard box full of protein shake mixes, my food processor, eggs and various other bits and pieces I need to maintain my regime while away. My partner S was rather alarmed at the sound of the processor in our small hotel room, but I'm one day away from weigh-in so there's no way I'm deviating from the plan. How much will I have lost? I'm quite intrigued given that this whole shake thing does seem, to me, to be rather extreme.

I did miss not being able to fully relax into holiday-party mode and jealously eyed the sangria and fresh baked Turkish bread enjoyed by my companions in the evening.

Today's Food: Chargrilled Shish Kebab with Green Salad (and diet coke served in a wine glass)

Comments

s. said…
rather alarmed at the sound of the processor in our small hotel room

Yes, well.. it sounded like a concrete drill. I was rather hoping there'd be an anxious knock at the door from the concierge. "Umm.. hello.. you're not setting up an S&M dungeon up here, are you?" :))
s. said…
jealously eyed the sangria and fresh baked Turkish bread enjoyed by my companions in the evening.

Baby you were so good. Really proud of you. x
l said…
that doesn't take away the pain *sob*

Popular Posts