Day 9: exercise hurts me

Day: 9 of 42
Starting weight: 78.4kg. Last recorded weight: 76kg 
How I'm feeling today: back to normal

I was back at the gym today, doing my wimp's workout (that I struggle with from beginning to end). For a bit of cardio I walked to the gym, then did a big circuit back, right through Newmarket. It was around about 2 hours and although urban, quite beautiful in parts. I prefer walking when you are actually going somewhere to walking just for the hell of it.

An old knee injury of mine has reared its painful crunchy head again however. I did it jumping off the bus in high heels. I had to jump for the curb and landed on one heel. The jolt apparently pushed my shin up so hard that it tried to break the bottom of my femur using my knee cap. It's not my fault I was wearing high heels! I'd been burgled and they'd stolen my boots.

Now, that's not what knee caps are for now is it? So I've got a nasty creak in there, which seems to get worst with exercise. I've resolved to stop walking for now and get back on my mountain bike.

Sans Alcohol

Before I started this diet I was worried I'd be madly craving a drink every day. I've amazed myself by not missing "my" glass of wine at the end of the day. But I do kind of miss the ritual.

The Shakes

I'm starting to get a bit sick of the shakes. Not the flavour, or the preparation but they coat your tongue and it seems no matter how much water you drink you can't quite get the icky after taste out of your mouth, and often I feel a little queasy after drinking one. But it's worth it. Roll on Sunday's weigh-in.

Today's Food: Fish and Pepper Parcels, with Steamed Broccoli and followed by Blackberries and Cream

I used salmon for this dish - basically steamed within a pocket of foil with capsicums, zest, zucchini and herbs. Very nice.

Comments

s. said…
An old knee injury of mine has reared its painful crunchy head again however.

Old injuries rearing their painful crunchy heads.. my specialty. You are right to get off your feet and on to a bike -- the way gravity works in combination with the "suspension-bridge" construction of our spines means that the most efficient weight distribution position for the human skeleton is roughly that of a cyclist.

Even better would be some sort of hydro-therapy, as (a) the water provides so much buoyancy the exercise is super low-impact, and (b) you get resistance both ways (contraction and expansion) with the movements you make under water.
s. said…
Ha ha

I'm starting to get a bit sick of the shakes

Me too, I might have to go back to vodka for breakfast.

Popular Posts