Day 6: hitting the gym and hitting the road

Day: 6 of 42
Last recorded weight: 78.4kg 
How I'm feeling today: much better than yesterday but still a bit lacking in energy

Today I did my first session of resistance training and it felt good to be giving all those muscles I don't need for the computer a bit of attention. I'm not sure how they liked it though. We'll find out tomorrow.

I'm going out of town for the weekend, and feel a bit ripped off that I can't drink wine or eat whatever I want on my first holiday in five years (truly pathetic given it's only one night). The upside is that my boyfriend's in town and I'm sure he'll be able to distract me.

Today's Meal: Herb-roasted Chicken with Broccoli Amandine, Carrots with butter, followed by raspberries and cream.

This was quite a interesting recipe. You soak the bird overnight in brine, which I'd never done before, and stuff herb butter beneath the skin, which you then use to baste it. Very good (and it feels so naughty using that much butter). Pity about the cat jumping on the kitchen bench, giving the chicken a good lick and ruining our chance of using the leftovers.

Raspberries by the way, freeze really well. They taste almost fresh when defrosted.

Comments

Popular Posts