Day 13: burgers for dinner

Day: 13 of 42
Starting weight: 78.4kg Last recorded weight: 76kg
How I'm feeling today: good

I need a glass of water next to my bed at night, because I get so thirsty it wakes me up. I had thought it was from drinking wine, but nothing's changed after two weeks off the booze. And still feel really drowsy in the morning, which I expected to ease seeing as the Eades talk about these first two weeks of Lose Your Middle-Aged Middle as a liver detox.

I guess that the Eades idea of a detox is not quite the same as that of Jane Scrivner, whose Detox Yourself I've followed a couple of times. After two weeks of no meat on the detox I was starting to feel pretty sparky.

Today's Food: Angus Beef Burgers Stuffed with Cheese, served with a Green Salad and followed by fresh raspberries and cream


This meal was better than it looks. My God Angus beef is good. And the cheese in the middle made it feel very decadent.

When I say fresh raspberries I mean defrosted frozen ones. They are expensive in New Zealand and usually don't last long once you've got them home. But frozen are excellent. Defrosted they even have that little fuzz over them and are bigger and in better condition than most of the fresh ones you can buy. Frozen blackberries don't quite measure up and, I've discovered, quite ruined if you heat them.

I'm amazed and relieved that berries are not high in carbs - they open up all sorts of possibilities on a low carb diet (berry ice cream?), and can be just the thing when I need something fresh to cut through all the meat and egg I seem to be eating.

Comments

Popular Posts