Kill Phase - Day 8 of 14

Day: 8 of 30
Starting weight: 73.3kg
Today's weight (one week later): 69.8kg
How I'm feeling today: my tummy feels like mine again, rather than a strapped on block of lard - I suspect this is because a lot of inflammation has reduced. Normally it hurts no matter where you touch it, but today only the small intestine below the belly button! I've lost 3.5kg also which is great! My ideal weight is 58-62kg.

After a week of fasting and hammering myself with supplements every couple of hours my tummy is feeling better. I've got no idea whether I'm being successful in killing off the overgrowth of bacteria, in particular the Enterococcus, but I'll continue the plan.

Days 1-4 were bone broth only and for days 5 - 14 my plan has been to gradually introduce items from the GAPS diet. It was between GAPS and SCD (the Specific Carbohydrate Diet). Due to my focus - which is to kill bad bacteria, not to heal a gut (I don't think I could be classified as having IBS) - I'm wondering whether I should re-look at the SCD. GAPS is telling me to gradually introduce eggs, and I know I could eat 6 of them and be fine, so maybe I should just focus on the carbohydrates that encourage each type of bacteria?

SCD allows only carbohydrates that are monosaccharides and have a single molecule structure that are easily absorbed by the intestine wall. Complex carbohydrates which are disaccharides (double molecules) and polysaccharides (chain molecules) are not easily digested and therefore feed harmful bacteria in our intestines causing them to overgrow, producing by-products and inflaming the intestine wall.

What you can and can't eat on the SCD (PDF 1.2MB).

Fatigue and Estrogen Dominance

My primary motivation for doing this is continual, crushing fatigue. Sadly that remains at the same level as always, though perhaps a week is too short a time. It's possible also that it is a result of me being massively Estrogen dominant (ratio 20:1 when it should be 600:1), which is no doubt partly to do with my liver being preoccupied with dealing with the toxic overload being produced by the bad bacteria in my gut and therefore being unable to eliminate Estrogen (which is primarily via the digestive system).

Exciting things that arrived today:
  • Progestrone. The antidote to Estrogen and prescribed by my doctor. I'm excited to try this as I am wondering whether it's my hormone imbalance that's causing me to feel so flat. I'll be starting 100mg per day
  • Da Vinci Vitamins A, D, K - it's common to be low in Vitamin K and Vitamin D when you have Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth and I'm especially affected by this as Vitamin D enhances the action of Progesterone - the antidote to Estrogen
And tomorrow I'm moving on with GAPS (in the meantime while I relook at SCD) and I'll be adding pancakes (gluten and sugar free) to my diet! Plus scrambled eggs, green juice (carrot, mint, celery, lettuce), kefir (coconut milk version has electrolytes and is lactose free), fermented fish (if you make this I think the whey she refers to is the whey you make with kefir) and probiotic foods (I've prepared coconut milk kefir and sauerkraut recipe (if you make this use twice the salt and add caraway seeds)).

Latest version of my protocol checklist. The greyed-out bits are because I did not take probiotics during the first 4 days of the fast to expedite die off.

Comments

Popular Posts