Progesterone for Estrogen Dominance

Day: 10 of 30
How I'm feeling today: dog tired, a bit low mood-wise and my lips are peeling.

This is my second day on Progesterone - as I'm also Estrogen Dominant (20:1 when I should be 600:1) so I have introduced this new factor in treating my continual fatigue.

I was told to take 100mg per day, however my research has shown me that 300mg per day is the amount you need to maintain the normal level for 24 hours, so I upped it to 200mg. Apparently you can't overdose on it and people with more acute situations than mine are put on much higher doses.

Furthermore if you are put on too low a dose you get stuck on the "clearing" stage of the surplus Estrogen and will feel worse, this is because when starting Progesterone you will feel worse before you feel better as it stimulates your Estrogen receptors. This should last approximately one cycle, so I'm crossing my fingers.

This article also states that the reason you should avoid synthetic Progestin is because it will cause Progesterone to drop - so that's the pill for instance.

Being 10 days on a clean diet of primarily chicken broth hasn't made a noticeable difference to my feeling of fatigue, nor my eyes, which constantly feel abraded - as if I've been swimming in chlorine. I wonder if hormones are actually what's behind these symptoms.

Comments

Popular Posts