Plan for Kill Phase Part One - 4 Day Bone Broth Fast

Phase One - Four Day Bone Broth Fast

I have decided to kick start the kill phase with a bone broth fast. This will knock down the levels of both the good and bad bacteria, which I need to do because I've got an overgrowth of bacteria in my gut anyway, and once they are reduced I'm going to start rebuilding the good. Bone broth is specifically good for healing the gut and providing the body with nutrients.

I'll support the fast with supplements that kill bacteria and heal the gut lining. After the first four days I'll switch to a diet plan. I've discounted the Elemental Diet, so am going to look into the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and GAPS.

I'm a bit worried because 1) I've been semi-vegetarian for years now, and the idea of eating meat makes me feel sick, and 2) I rely on wine to be my treat, reward, relaxant, energiser, social crutch - also for many years, and I'm going to have to give that up completely for a bit. I reckon a minimum of 6 weeks. But I'm also excited because I want this to be OVER. And I don't reckon bone broth will be so bad. Though I'm grossed out at the idea of anything bigger than a chicken. :(

Am I dumb to think 6 weeks will do it?

Four Day Bone Broth Fast

Homemade Chicken Broth

Using the largest pot you have, fill half of it with the chicken parts (legs and thighs make the most flavorful soup).
Peel about ten carrots and add to chicken.
Add about two large onions, a few stalks of celery, and some parsley.
Season with salt.
Add a tablespoon of cider vinegar.
Fill pot with water.
Simmer for about 4 hours and then strain soup through a colander or strainer.
Skim off top layer of fat (don't worry if you can't get it all).
Purée carrots in blender and return to broth.
Onions, celery, and parsley should not be used at the start of the dietary regimen because the fibrous parts of these vegetables may cause problems.

Mix into soup:

  • Collagen protein powder – 100% pure collagen protein or peptides (I like this brand)
  • Gelatin protein powder – again, 100% pure gelatin protein (I like this brand)
  • Coconut Oil – high quality, unrefined
  • Spices and herbs (cumin, cilantro, oregano, fennel, rosemary, etc.)

Supplement with green juice (made fresh or store-bought, cold pressed varieties, made with just green veggies, and a bit of green apple if you must)

Kill Protocol

Kill Protocol 1 (30 Minutes Before First Meal)
  • Lemon juice (1/2 a lemon), cider vinegar (1 cap) - this is to increase the acidity in my stomach so I can digest food more easily. 
  • Antioxidant - Hydrogen Water (next phase I'll consider superoxide dismutase, Co-enzyme Q10 and glutathione peroxidase)
  • Vitamin C - sterilises upper gut
  • Chlorella (2/3 tsp) - elminates toxins
Breakfast Supplements
  • Restore - gut lining restoration. 1 teaspoon three times a day before meals - to close up the gut lining, which has become what's know as a "leaky gut" due to bacterial stress and gluten. Can increase to 2 Tablespoons three times daily to support health goals. No long-term use of probiotics or digestive enzymes when using Restore, their recommendation is to let the communication network of Restore be allowed to balance the normal bacterial biome and enzymatic digestive process. Oral introduction of high-dose enzymes by mouth changes the rate and location of digestive breakdown in the gut. Similarly, long-term use of probiotics creates an oversimplified monoculture in the bacterial biome. Use of either probiotics or digestive enzymes for a couple of weeks after antibiotic exposure or a viral illness is reasonable.
  • Calcium (1)
  • Methylated B vitamins (Methylguard Plus x3)
  • Broccoli sprout powder - reduce estrogen overload (1 tsp twice a day)
  • Cod liver oil (3)
  • Lysine (prevents cold sores caused by immune changes)
  • Magnesium (for muscle pain due to toxins in gut, and contains potassium to offset the sodium I'll be taking to alkalise my gut) 
  • Garlic
Kill Protocol 2 (90 mins after eating and before bed)
  • Magnesium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate (alkalise the large intestine)
30 mins before lunch
  • Vitamin C - sterilises upper gut
Lunch 
  • Oregano Oil (2 weeks only, 1 drop in water)
  • Restore - gut lining restoration. (1 tsp
Kill Protocol 2 (90 mins after eating and before bed)
  • Magnesium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate (alkalise the large intestine)
30 mins before dinner
  • Oregano oil
Dinner
  • Restore - gut lining restoration. 1 teaspoon
  • Garlic
  • Broccoli sprout powder - reduce estrogen overload (1 tsp twice a day)
Before  Bed
  • Magnesium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate (alkalise the large intestine)
All Day
  • Chewing gum with xylitol - kills Strep
  • Chrysanthemum tea, green tea, filtered water (at least nine glasses a day)

Things to Avoid

  • D-lactic acid producing foods, such as Kombucha, sour milk, yogurt, and pickles as described in the All Strepped Out blog
  • D-lactic acid producing probiotics - Lactobacillus acidophilus, L. bulgaricus, L. fermentum, and L. delbrueckii subsp lactis, Lactobacillus jensenii, Lactobacillus vitulinus
  • Oxalate (rhubarb, okra, leeks, spinach, beets, and Swiss chard, almonds, cashews, peanuts, soy products. Grains such as Bran Flakes, Fiber One, wheat germ, and quinoa
  • Probiotics - they will not be able to thrive in this environment
I'm still waiting on supplements to arrive in the post before I start. Once they do, this is my plan. For now I'm going to just start on getting to bed earlier and up earlier. Gently does it... my next post will be Day One of the Fast. And I'll keep you up to date on what I notice and how I feel.

Diet Protocol Checklist

I've developed a checklist for all of this which you can view here.


Comments

Popular Posts