Day 18: me knee! me knee!

Day: 18 of 42
Starting weight: 78.4kg Last recorded weight: 75.1kg
How I'm feeling today: a little low in energy but otherwise feeling pretty good

My dodgy knee has really been giving me gyp lately. The Orthopedic bloke I went to see about it told me that what I need to be doing is strengthening the thigh muscle to support the crackly unstable bunch of cartilage that's taken residence where my knee once was. But it's hard to find an exercise that strengthens your thigh without aggravating the danger zone.

Noticing how tight the strap of tendon over the knee cap felt today, I tried stretching it out for a bit. It felt a little better so at the gym today I spent extra time stretching my hamstrings. And finally my knee has stopped feeling like it's going to explode into pieces any minute. Who'd have thought? Very happy.

Despite my gym having that nice atmosphere I posted about the other day, due to the pool, there's always that weird atmosphere at the gym isn't there? You want to have a good stare at what people are wearing, how they look in their gym clothes compared to you and what exercises they're doing, but you feel like you'll risk a pummeling if you are caught looking. Wearing a cap is handy for this as you can peep out from beneath the brim. It also puts a stop to the dreaded Gym-Hair. Though I've resolved to try just openly staring for a bit to see if anything actually happens.

Today's Food:
  • Fried eggs and smoked chicken (again!)
  • "Meat Week Soup"
  • Angus beef burger with avocado, tomato and home made mayonnaise, wrapped in an iceberg lettuce leaf. 
If you are going to eat meat, Angus beef is probably one of the most tastiest.

Comments

s. said…
LOL.

I've resolved to try just openly staring for a bit to see if anything actually happens

Coming soon, the new production from Sheridan Starr.. "Locker Room Gang-Bang IV: Lesbian Explosion".

:)
l said…
Open staring the changing room is even more dangerous. You have to rely on everyone else trying not to look.

Popular Posts