Day 17: feels like something's wrong

Day: 17 of 42
Starting weight: 78.4kg Last recorded weight: 75.1kg
How I'm feeling today: fatigued, nauseous, with a heavy head

I thought I was over the hump of conversion to state of ketosis, but today I woke up feeling worse than ever. Nauseous, tired, weak. I feel like I have just recovered from a virus and my body is completely depleted. I'm pale and have dark rings under my eyes.

One thing I have neglected to do as part of this diet is follow their recommendation of taking Potassium and Magnesium supplements every day. I'm taking a multivitamin, and there is Potassium in tomatoes and spinach, which I'm eating, so I thought it would probably be okay. But I feel so awful that I'm off to get some right now.

I've also just bought some leucine tablets. Unitl now I was getting leucine from the Aussie Bodies and Twinlab brands of protein shakes, so now I need to start supplementing it directly. In Lose Your Middle-Aged Middle the Eades recommend you take 6-8g of this per day during the diet. It's an amino acid that dramatically increases the utilisation of ingested protein and consequently preserves lean muscle mass, that can sometimes be lost during rapid weight loss.

S pointed out that it could be toxins being released from my fat stores, which is a very good point. This is something they warn you about when you detox as a number of chemicals are stored in your fat cells that come from substances such as pesticides and smoking.

A Few Hours Later...

Whatever it was, after the nausea subsided I had about an hour of just feeling tired before the worst diarrhoea of my Life. Nice.

If I'm still feeling like this tomorrow I'll be tempted to pull the plug on the whole thing and eat a nice big baked potato smothered in cheese and sour cream.

Today's Food:

  • Eggs and smoked chicken for breakfast
  • Beef pattie for lunch with some grapes for lunch
  • Chicken Caesar salad for dinner, smothered in home made Caesar dressing

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yum that salad looks pretty good. Who needs the bread?

Popular Posts