Day 21: paying the price for being naughty

Day: of 21 of 42
Starting weight: 78.4kg Last recorded weight: 75.1kg
How I'm feeling today: stomach still disturbed, low in energy

Tonight I was naughty. I went to the (fabulous) Civic theatre to watch the Auckland finalists of the V ENERGY 48 Hour film finalists. The Civic is wonderful. It's been restored to it's kitch beauty and is almost identical to how I remember if from when I was a kid. The stars in the ceiling are even better than before having been replaced with fibre optics, and with a new 3-D flying cloud effect. Only two things took the polish off the experience - my memory of being accidentally locked in one of the private boxes when I was young and left there for longer than I could handle, and the $12 for a glass of Stoneleigh Sauvignon Blanc.

Due to a number of mishaps on the way I arrived with an empty stomach, and there wasn't enough time to get a burger, throw away the bread and eat some protein. I looked around the sweet stall in the theatre but there was not even a beef jerky. Giving up I decided to have tomorrow's glass of wine a day early. At intermission my hunger had come back so I decided to be naughty and have next week's second glass of wine on the same day - not recommended due to the insulin spike it would give me. But I figured, I already had insulin swimming around due to the first glass, and my glycogen should be working correctly now, so should mop up any excess just as quickly as the insulin tried to store it.

Well. What a mistake. The first sip made my background queasiness rise to the fore. I thought it would probably go away, and didn't want to waste the - over priced - Montana Cabernet Sauvignon, so it took me the whole hour but I finished the glass. The queasiness didn't subside and as soon as I stood up my diaphragm started hiccuping, turning the quease to nausea.

By the time I got home my tummy was hurting so much that I couldn't sleep, and was belching bile so I got up to eat and realised I really just wanted to throw up. It was if the wine has stimulated some huge bile production. I'm not sure how the chemistry works but who needs Disulfiram?

Today's Food:
  • A boiled #@*\%#$ egg
  • Baked #@*\%#$ eggs with spinach, tomato and taste of cheese
  • Two glasses of wine

Comments

Popular Posts