Day 23: abort! abort!

Day: 23 of 42
Starting weight: 78.4kg Last recorded weight: 72kg
How I'm feeling today: absolutely wretched

A quick search in the internet revealed that fatigue and nausea are common on this diet with the cheerful advice that you should ride it through to reap the rewards. I don't think this is what they meant. I woke up feeling mildly better but am still making far closer friends with my toilet than I would like.

The argument I mentioned in an earlier post that a ketosis state is a natural state for humans given that many of our hunter gather ancestors would have lived in this state permanently, seems to me to defy common sense. Surely our digestive systems have changed over thousands of years. Maybe we all had a working appendix back then? But I am not a nutritionist nor doctor.

One piece of advice that seemed sensible to me is to drop the severe low carb part of the diet and move straight to maintenance. I'll consider my options when I feel better - at the moment the thought of food turns my stomach.

I am officially aborting the second Meat Week.

There is no way I could face another egg, nor any meat let alone for a whole week. I may have been put off eggs for life.

I have been trying to eat something, in the hope of breaking the cycle of acid build up and visits to the porcelain wasteland. I started tried to think of a no carb choice that I could stomach. Raspberries - too acidic, banana - too acidic, avocado - too acidic. I settled on some crackers and graduated to a toasted cheese sandwich by the end of the day.

I nearly lost the sandwich in the front row of the play I went to tonight called Horseplay, but managed to keep it to a cough and a sneeze.

Today's Food:
  • 3 crackers
  • 4 grapes
  • Toasted ham and cheese sandwich
  • Chocolate milk

Comments

Popular Posts