Day 25: where did I go wrong?

Day: 25 (Lose Your Middle-Aged Middle diet suspended)
Starting weight: 78.4kg Last recorded weight: 72kg
How I'm feeling today: better but I still look like someone's punched me in the eyes

I started off badly today, having to rush to get my Mum to her appointment, then to mine across the other side of town, then back to pick her up, then down south to pick up something else. So I ate badly. I grabbed a Cadbury nut bar to get me through until early afternoon. Must do better in future.

So where did I go wrong?

I was deep in ketosis. My stomach was full of acid, and hunger, and I poured two carbohydrate filled glasses of wine into it. This would have given me a massive insulin rush compared with what I have been on for the past three weeks - but what does this mean? All I know is that I started to feel ill the second glass in but ignored it (biggest mistake - not listening to my body), and the next thing I knew I was throwing up at home with a dreadful acid stomach. This continued for another couple of days, and now I have that feeling you get after a stomach bug. But I still look really ill.

I've written to the Eades to ask them and tell them about this blog. I hope they don't get too upset that I don't think they're great cooks! Of course the 80 character limit on their email form didn't allow me to fully explain the situation. So I had to send two messages and ask them to connect them together. Not overly encouraging, nor web friendly.

What now?

So what am I going to do now? I'm scared of losing ground seeing I've got to 72kg (I'm sure I've already gained something back), but similarly even looking at the Lose Your Middle-Aged Middle book makes my tummy turn, and I may never be able to eat eggs or red meat ever again.

I'm going out of town to visit S for a couple of weeks soon, so I'm considering some kind of easier to follow maintenance, that will at least allow me to maintain where I am at now while I consider my next move. Perhaps something along the lines of the simple:

Breakfast: protein and carbs
Lunch: protein, carbs and veg
Dinner: protein and veg

I've purchased Leslie Kenton's X Factor Diet, to read as comparison to the Eades's Lose Your Middle-Aged Middle. Having read, and liked, her approach to food in The Powerhouse Diet, I'm pretty sure she'll at least include more fruit, vege and nuts than the Eades do in their plan. More on this later.

One thing for sure is no carbs for dinner, except, probably, some wine now and again. And a walk every day as I'll be away from the gym.

Today's Food:

Notes on the chicken broth:
  •  Organic chicken makes much tastier broth than those poor engineered, fast growing, heavy breasted, antibiotic and hormone filled beasts
  • This broth was made with an interesting mix of: chicken (duh), coriander seeds, star anise, cloves (not too many!), a wedge of fresh ginger, pepper corns and salt. Very nice
  • Apple
  • Grapes
  • Nut bar
  • Salmon and home made mayo (using virgin olive oil) on 1 piece of Vogel's toast (best toast in the world)
  • Chicken soup with noodles

Comments

Popular Posts