Day 22: queasy turns to nausea

Day: 22 of 42
Starting weight: 78.4kg
Today's weight: 72kg
How I'm feeling today: varying between feeling nauseous and queasy

Start of Meat Week Two

I woke up today feeling more nauseous than I have before on this diet. The idea of another egg making it worse.

My brother called and invited me out for brunch, so I went hoping to find something low carb that didn't include eggs on the menu.

I was expecting to feel better after eating something, given my stomach being empty from the night before, but the acid from my stomach appears to have moved down and by the end of brunch I'd started to get pains in my stomach and gut.

Common sense is telling me that I simply do not have the body for this kind of strict carb. I suspect that, rather than being hunters and living in a permanent state of Ketosis, my ancestors were primarily vegetarian berry pickers, with perhaps the occasional chicken or rabbit during winter.

It's as if all the rich eggs, meat, salmon is just too much for my system, and for some reason it's responding with extra stomach acid. So I decided to add nuts and berries back into the diet, even though they are not on the Eades plan.

I'm also beginning to wonder if the Eades are actually not very good cooks. There are some recipes on their "simple to follow" meal plans that take 8 hours cooking time, or overnight marination and surely there must be something else I could eat for breakfast other than f**king eggs. God I'm sick of eggs.

I'm pleased with the weight loss this week but I'm not sure I can do another full week of this. I lost weight on Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers and neither of them made me feel sick.

I defrosted some raspberries, but before I could eat them I started vomiting. Rolling around with stomach pains and getting up to throw up occupied me for the rest of the evening and several times during the night.

Today's Food:
  • Creamy mushrooms and chorizo (a restaurant meal, and I avoided as much of the creamy sauce as possible)

Comments

Popular Posts